Tuesday, July 20, 2021

And a short eight years later ...

I started this blog thinking it would be fun to chronicle what we did to our Texas house … but then I found out that blogging is hard and takes a lot of time, lol.  Here's the disclaimer up front: I don't lean up or stage things for photos, you'll see lots of real life in the background.  

The house has become quite the saga - SO much has happened, especially in the last 3 years.  But the big tale is for another day, I'll start with something simple and happy.  We got the house painted in 2016 and I got the soft yellow I wanted.  I tried out so many different paint samples to figure out which would work - I ultimately fell in love with Behr Midsummer, it's a perfect cheerful yellow.  The trim is Sherwin Williams Dover White/

The before color was khaki-ish with maroon trim.  It always seemed kind of sad to me.  Here's a few pictures of the old color

The front of the house, with a Gibbs photo bomb :-)



The north side yard - that little deck is off my laundry room.  This is the shadiest part of the yard, it's really hard to grow grass, ugh.  I am thinking of putting stone down in the muddiest part.


The south side - the part that juts out on the left is the dining room.


The back of the house (faces west).  The french door is my bedroom, the other door is the kitchen.


I only have a couple of after photos.  I'll try to get more soon, but right now the porch and yard have a lot of tools and materials out and about.

This is during the painting, but it shows a little of the pretty blue porch ceiling.  It's Sherwin Williams Pool Blue; I love it!


The front porch - the front door is on the right side, the dining room is on the left.  I have no idea why I had the old ironing board leaning there


The front of the house, and Gibbs again :-)


The house looks so much happier with the sweet yellow color, and I love seeing it when I come down my driveway.  I have so many things I want to do in the yard, if only I had time, money, and the energy to do them all!  I have debated on painting the front door - I thought I wanted turquoise, but have changed my mind a million times.  Maybe one of these days I'll decide and just go for it!

Here's a sneak peak of the 7+ year saga on the inside of the house:  Hopefully I won't wait 8 years to share the tale :-) 








No comments: