Sunday, March 25, 2012

Finally a 2nd Project!

I am obviously *not* a 'professional' blogger - it's been 9 months since my last post, haha.  I spend a LOT of time online looking at blogs though, and I *think* about things I could post, just never quite get around to it.  Today I think I found a "round tuit" and decided to post. 

I have been collecting auction stuff for a year and a half (the barn is only part of the picture - I have a shed and storage room with many other future projects!).   Don't ask me what I intend to do with all this stuff - I don't have a shop, my house is already pretty full, I just can't let things get thrown away ...  I'm afraid I am a future subject of "Hoarders".


This little cart was a freebie from an auction- no one wanted it so I said "I'll take it home and save it from the dump." 



These pictures are after I cleaned it up - it was covered with who knows how many years of grease and dirt, and came with free mud dauber nests :-) 

I sanded her down using my palm sander until all the rust was gone and painted her with my favorite red - Krylon Cherry Red in gloss.  I am not good at the whole staging thing, so decided to let Mother Nature provide the stage (meaning, here's a gratuitous shot of a few of the bluebonnets in my back yard, lol). 



She is destined for my porch.  I hope to get the porch cleaned up one of these days so I can show photos of it.  My house is currently a kind of tan/khaki color with maroon trim.  My dream is to paint it a buttery yellow, with white trim, and a turquoise door.  I love the combination of turquoise, red, and yellow - colors that just make me happy!

9 comments:

vintage grey said...

Oh, I just love this!! It came out so beautiful!! Have a lovely weekend!! ;) xo Heather

Treat and Trick said...

Thanks so much for visiting and for your sweet comment! What a transformation? It's awesome!

Decor To Adore said...

I love it! The color is wonderful.

Every Friday I host a favorite pin party. Join in!

The Polka Dot Closet said...

I can't believe no one wanted it!!! Are you kidding me, I just sold a white one in my booth for $45, people love those!! Great grab! If you don't want a booth, you should try being a vendor at a show, It's seriously great money for a day of selling, that way you don't get into a booth commitment, or....You could do horders LOL!

Carol

My Cottage Charm said...

Thanks for your sweet comment on my upholstered chairs...I was amazed they turned out so good! (VERY happy, but amazed! lol) The diamond tufting wasn't nearly as hard as I thought it would have been..just time consuming.
I bought a three tiered cart like yours at a yard sale this summer..and paid $10.00 for it, but it wasn't in too bad a shape. Yours turned out very cute and that red paint is adorable on it! I have my kitchenaid mixer and pink mixing bowls on mine in my kitchen. (mine's cream colored) :)
Have a great week!
Missy

Lisa said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! So nice to meet you!
I'm still in shock over Downton Abbey last night. I COULD NOT BELIEVE what happened! Just when Mary was on the brink of happily ever after.:(

Every Little Birdie said...

Patty, Thanks for stopping by Every Little Birdie. Sorry it's taken me a while to answer your question about where the Goodwill is in Austin. I don't know the address but my niece lives in Flugerville so it's the closes one to that part of the area. Love your transformation on the cart! Very cute. Always glad to meet another Texas girl. Marsha

Custom Comforts said...

Lovely makeover. It looks so bright and cheerful and I love your blue bonnets too. Your yard must be beautiful with all those lovely flowers everywhere. Your staging was perfect.
Cindy

Beedeebabee said...

You did such a great job with this charming little cart! I just love that bright red you used...and those blue bonnets in the background are so pretty! Your plans sound wonderful too! :) (so nice to meet you!)