Thursday, June 16, 2011

*Some* of my junk and a small project

I have been collecting junk good stuff from auctions, thrift shops, and CL since I moved back to Texas last August.

I have some of my finds stored in a barn behind my house ...
and lots more stuffed elsewhere....
 ... including inside my house waiting to be redone and staged properly ...

A few pics for your viewing pleasure ...

 

I plan hope to get some work done and show some finished products
.... someday ....

And now (insert drumroll) my first actual project post ...

 

A friend asked me to cover an old footstool she found ...
The original piece had in *interesting* vintage fabric and was also a foot warmer ... it had an old heating pad under the top.


Here she is all finished - alas, no more foot warmer, I was afraid the old wire might lead to a fire - entirely the wrong kind or warming!  

I used my handy dandy Quick Pleaters for the first time - they made the little ruffle so easy!

I can't decide if I should clean my sewing/craft room so I'm more motivated to be in it, or work on some furniture.  
Hopefully I make up my mind and get something done :-)

'Til next time ... Patty

8 comments:

Barbara Pilcher said...

Thanks for coming by my blog and commenting.

Let's see some of those rodeo shirts!

My Galveston Cottage said...

Thanks for "finding me." And I loved getting such a thoughtful and kind note. As you saw, I was just in your neck of the woods. Loved The Leaning Pear and its watermelon gazpacho. You'll have to try it sometime if you haven't already. Lucky you for getting to live in such a beautiful area of Texas! best, -s

Leontien said...

Ohh that looks pretty!

Hope to see lot's more finished projects!

Thanks
Leontien
www.fourleafcloverdairy.blogspot.com

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

Hello, I'm stopping by from Gina's blog. We normally set up at the City Wide sale in Austin, don't know if you've heard of it or been to it. Since I see you like to go junkin, there are lots of places near you to go. That velvet couch is awesome, would you ever consider selling it? Hope you'll stop by and check out my blog, Theresa

My Cottage Charm said...

Aww...thanks for your sweet words about my hubby...I hope he is glowing on the inside knowing how proud I am of him! :)
I would LOVE to go digging through your barn...you have some great stuff in there!! lol You did a lovely job on the ottoman. I have NEVER seen an ottoman with a heating pad build it..how funny. Lol
Have a great weekend!
missy

Jane said...

Wow....your barn looks like a picker's paradise!! Lots of fun projects in there!
Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your nice comment. Lucky you, finding all those metal files!! I hope you make a picture holder or two out of them. Let me know!
Jane

vintage grey said...

Wow, what fun!! :) Oh, I wish to have all of that vintage goodness! Beautiful ottoman! :) xo Heather

Decor To Adore said...

What a wonderful assortment of vintage!

May the peace, joy and love of the season be yours all year long!